Here are a few guidelines regarding the appropriateness of models to be used at the Iron Halo tournament. Models not pre-approved or adhering to these guidelines are subject to be removed from the tournament.
- All models must be painted to a 3-color Battle Ready Standard which includes a base color, 2 other colors covering at least 25% of the model and some sort of basing. As a general rule of thumb, if someone feels that need to justify why a model is completed, it probably isn't. If you cannot meet this requirement, please contact us.
- Units must always be represented by the appropriate models. What You See Is What You Get will be enforced. That means all units must be easily identifiable as the particular choice they represent and that any and all weapon/options taken for a unit must be clearly represented on the model(s). Models not appropriately represented will be removed from the game. If you have questions about a particular model, please contact us.
- The size and shape of all model bases must be appropriate for the tournament. Models such as vehicles that do not require bases must maintain the intended size, shape, aesthetic and consistency and height of the model represented.
- Scratch built models and conversions are allowed, but must adhere to the following guidelines
- Models must be consistent with the look and feel of the game system they belong in. Scratch build models should aesthetically evoke the production-quality models they are intended to represent. For clarity, paper models or models constructed from building blocks (Legos, etc) do not meet the requirement.
- Models must adhere to all the above restrictions.
- Count-as armies are allowed as long as they follow all the above rules and restrictions. It is on the onus of the player to alleviate any and all avenues of confusion that might result from using count-as models/armies. Count-as models must be WYSIWYG, appropriately equipped and sized accordingly in order to best represent the model/unit in question. Count-as armies should demonstrate exceptional effort when it comes to conversions, simply using an existing army with a different codex (as a proxy) is not allowed.